Thursday, August 19, 2010

In which I give further evidence that the only reason I started a blog was to answer inane memes

Four Films I Could Watch Over and Over:
The Lion In Winter. There is nothing more delightful than watching Katharine Hepburn and Peter O'Toole verbally eviscerate each other for more than two hours.
Life of Brian, which is nothing more than the most brilliant satire ever made. History will bear me out on this. *nods sagely*
Ha-Sodot. This move broke me. Couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks.
Without A Clue. Similar to the first, in that watching Ben Kingsley verbally eviscerate Michael Caine (and watching Michael Caine bumble around) is pure pleasure.
(Caine's character, after poking around for several minutes at a corpse that has been dragged from a lake: "Yes. It is my opinion...that he is dead.")

Four Favorite TV Shows:
The Rachel Maddow Show
The West Wing
Daria
Malcolm in the Middle

Four Favorite Foods:
Pasta- generally speaking, with garlic, wine, fresh vegetables, and really good cheese olive oil, and balsamic.
Apple pie. That is to say, my apple pie, made with tart apples, dark brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, cardamom, GOOD cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. In an all-butter crust. No substitutes accepted.
In-season strawberries-- the small, intense, brilliant red ones.
Pretty much any alpine-style hard cheese. I blame Sarah for this.

Four Websites I Visit Every Day:
Daily Kos, because I am a glutton for punishment.
Facebook, because I am a shameful gossip whore.
The Houston Chronicle comics page, because I love to mock.
One of a variety of websites dedicated to school and/or work, because much as I may love to deny it, I have shit to do.

Four Places I Would Love to Be:
Northampton, MA. One day, I will live there, because the academic job-placement gods will align in my favor. Mark my words.
Amsterdam, which is more or less my favorite city on earth.
Hiking with Sarah somewhere in the mountains.
In bed.

Four Favorite Colors:
Hunter green
Burgundy
Sage green
Seal brown

Four Names I Love but Wouldn't/Couldn't Use for a Kid:
Iris, because I am apparently the only person my age who thinks that it's a gorgeous name.
Shoshana, because it's already taken in my family (and, I suspect, most Jewish families)
Jeremiah, because I think the Hebrew for it is just terrible. Little known fact: "Yirmia" is Hebrew for "please mock me mercilessly." Also a variation on a theme of Sarah's dad's name.
Alexandra, because people might get the idea I named my child after a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment