Thursday, September 24, 2009

How I want to define myself in fewer than ten words

I'm trying to think of a sign to carry at the march on Washington for LGBT equality next weekend. I'm afraid I won't forgive myself if it's not clever enough. Because clearly a civil rights movement can and should be reduced to a pithy slogan scribbled in magic marker on poster board.
I seem to recall that there is an early Dykes to Watch Out For strip in which Mo carries a sign that reads "Subvert the Dominant Paradigm." I'm sort of thinking of doing that to see who gets the joke. I could even wear the Mo shirt I did up (once again, in magic marker) for drag ball.
No matter what I come up with, however, I suspect it will be better than most of the signs carried by the Teabagger crowd.
Heh, Teabagger. Still can't hear that without sniggering.

No comments:

Post a Comment